Friday, July 6, 2007

Day Nine

I had a surprise when I got home today. The fan had been installed! First I noticed that the box containing the fan was no longer sitting on the counter. Then I looked around the room to see where B. could have stashed it. I didn't see it. Finally I looked up at the kitchen ceiling and there was the fan!

I tried to get a picture of it when the blades were moving in a blur, but the camera is too fast--the blades came out perfectly still, even at high speed.

The fan is very quiet and very powerful. I'm glad we got that one. It's a better fan than the ball style we originally considered (see Day One), plus I like the simplicity of the three blades (vs. four). And it still has a ball--well, half a ball--to match the stainless football knobs on the cabinets.

The price of the fan accounted for about 15% of the total cost of the ceiling project. B. said the handyman spent about an hour installing it. It's on its own circuit and can be turned on and off by a switch next to the light dimmer. It also has a remote control that comes with a holder for attaching to the wall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ceiling fan to your home decor you've created interest not to mention that a ceiling fan now draws the eyes attention all the way to the ceiling?
Kitchen Renovation Contractor